Friday, November 12, 2010

YAY ME!

100 POUNDS LOST!!!! YAY ME!

Since my surgery on August 2, 2010, I have lost a total of 100.2 pounds!! This is so exciting! I am doing this and its working they way it should :)

So about a month ago I started going to Curves as my workout program. I love that place! Its a quick 30 min in and out process. My oh my does it kick my booty everytime. I had a few rough weeks where I made bad decisions and choose to sit at home, then I realize I did not go through all this for nothing. I then got my butt up and went to work out. I hate it at the time, but afterwards I do feel better. The nice thing about Curves is they weight and measure every month. I would have loved to have the measurment before the surgery, but I have lost a lot in just the last month since I started working out. The results are in and since starting Curves on September 5, 2010 I have lost:

Bust: -2.5 inches.....Waist: -4.25 inches.....Abdomen: -2.25 inches.....Hips: -3.25 inches.....Thighs: -3.0 inches.....Arms: -1.5 inches.....Weight: -25.2 pounds

Ok I am not one to preach about working out, but man does it work. It is the last thing I want to do, but when I see numbers like this, it is atleast encouraging.

Other good news...I went shopping with my mom and Dan!! This is something that I have been dreading and very nervous about. People lose weight and are excited to fit smaller clothes, for some reason thats not me. All my weight is coming off, but at the same time its shifting to different areas. This is frustrating. I can already see extra skin hanging some places, and I am not a fan of this flab! Being healthier is worth it, but clothes just are different now. Besides me just being freaked out, I went anyways and tried on jeans. Anyone who knows me, knows that gauchos are my favorite thing. They are comfy and what I thought was decently flattering for a bigger person. Dan has hated these since the day we met. I promised him that I would get rid of them after the surgery. I never liked to wear jeans, they werent comfy and I felt fat. Wearing such a big size got depressing! Oncy my "fat" jeans didn't fit, I refused to go up a size!! REFUSED! Anyone who has gained weight understands. So to gauchos and yoga pants I went. They were comfortable and they stretched! This was great. The point to my blabber is that I went and tried on jeans. My "fat" jeans are now way to big to attempt to wear, which I must say is a awesome feeling. So when walking into the fitting rooms, I took 2 sizes smaller...still too big! EXCITING!! So what I ended up fitting was 4 SIZES SMALLER!!! Jeans that were 4 sizes smaller!! OMG I was in shock! I wanted to jump around like a 5 year old on Christmas morning! It was awesome! Now I can not wait for the day I can buy anything I like from any store, and it will fit!! I know some people can not relate to that, but I have been overweight for a long time, and shopping was NEVER a fun thing to do. Now I have some hope that I will someday like shopping and trying on clothes. Hopefully soon :)


This is a huge milestone reached on my list (I will post the list soon possibly). I am proud of myself and wanted to share!

2 comments:

  1. Kim, this is fantastic news!! I am very happy for you in your journey, I am glad to hear that you have motivation and now proof of how much you rock and can achieve!! Keep it up =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Kimberly! I knew you could do it - just keep getting to Curves and doing the workouts. You look fantastic. Shopping is sssoooo much fun! LOL! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete