Thursday, October 21, 2010

Update...better late than never :)

Ok I know I am a little late,and I am sorry, but here it is!
I am going great! I feel so much better than I have in a long long time. I still am not seeing exactly what others are seeing, but I know that I will get there eventually. I am learning more and more about myself and my old habits everyday. It is just sad that I had to do something so drastic to see what harm I was doing to my body everyday!!
Now lets get to the numbers since that's what everyone wants to know :) Since the preop diet (2 weeks before surgery) I have lost 88 pounds!! AMAZING!!! I get so proud of myself when I see the weight go down and down. Ok, so since surgery on August 2, 2010 I have lost 53 pounds!! 53 pounds in less than 3 months amazes me! I know there is a difference in myself, but the mentality is the same..I still see myself as a fat girl, and that will take time to overcome. I know its going to be a long long journey, and I'm ready for the ride.


On to the new me and eating. Food no longer even tastes good. I have no cravings and usually I do not even get hungry. This is weird!! :) When I am trying to think of what to eat, noting sounds good. Very weird, I guess my tastes are changing. I usually stick to my protein and a very small salad or something. The pain had gone away when eating which is nice, but I still eat a little too fast. I work on this everyday, but its hard. I also now find myself paying attention to how other people eat. Wow a lot of people eat fast..yes mom I am talking about you too :)! I also never knew what real portions were until now. I used to eat so much!!! Now people look at me weird when I take a few bites and I'm full, but of well! I do not over eat much, getting sick is no fun. I also learned that cheating (only if it is one bite) is not worth it. The guilt will eat you alive! :) ha ha.

Here are the pics I know some people have been waiting for a while and I am sorry!! Better late than never :)




I know that people had said to wear the same outfit would be nice to see how the way my clothes fit change, but the shift was incredibly huge!! I have gotten to go shopping and got shirts that were 2 sizes smaller! That was exciting! I am also able to fit into my jeans that were too small and they didn't fit anymore, so I refused to buy a larger size. This is when I learned to LOVE gauchos (which my husband hates) and yoga pants! Now those jeans are big!! I can still wear them, but they are getting to be a little too big. Hopefully I will get to go down a size or two in the near future! That would make my day!! I never liked shopping as a bigger person because there is not options and style like the smaller people have. I am excited to be able to shop anywhere...when that day comes I will be on cloud nine :) Also the date on the pictures are wrong obviously its not 2007 :)
I have had a lot of changes in my life in the past few months, but I am learning more and more about myself and who I am becoming everyday, I love it!


3 comments:

  1. Great update! Keep it up girl ~ you are doing fantastic! (No more comments about how fast I eat! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW GIRL!!! LOOKIN GOOD! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry mom...truth hurts!! :) Love you!
    Thanks Ash! :)

    ReplyDelete