Friday, December 17, 2010

December 2010

Ok I know I have not been good with updating this, but I will be much better in 2011!!
As of December 13, 2010 I have lost a total of 119 pounds! It amazes me that in less than 5 months I have lost as much as the average teenager weighs!! I am feeling great and things are working out just as I hoped. Halloween and Thansgiving were a little rough, but I made it through and still losing. It hard being around parties and food, but I know when enough is enough for me, and I do my best.

As for clothes...On my last post, I mentioned about buying jeans that were 4 sizes smaller. Now they are 5 sizes smaller!! I am wearing the same size I wore in high school, I think. That is a long time ago, and hard to remember. Also had another clothing moment that brought me to tears. As Dan and I are walking through the mall, I decided to try something on at Aeropostale (no idea if that is spelled right). As a bigger girl, the mall was never even a thought. I hardly went there becuase there was no point. Well we were at the mall, for no reason I think. As walking through I saw a sale sign and thought how nice would it be to shop here. I told Dan that soon I would be able to shop there and he told me to go try something on. I quickly denied and kept walking. The great husband he is, he said no, just try it on and then you will know where you stand on the sizes. I agreed, but did not want to do it. I have this fear that if I try on a smaller size and it does not fit, then I will be sad and feel like I felt as I did before when shopping. I went into the store and looked around, very weird feeling that was. I tried on a shirt and it fit!!! OMG it fit!!! I had to buy it!! It was a moment for me. I often do not see the changes everyone else sees, but that was a moment where I knew I had changed myself for the better. It was a moment that I got to share with Dan, and his support makes it all worth it. I would have never tried on the shirt without him believing in me. He is the bestest! :) Below is me in the first shirt I have bought in a mall since before high school!!! Love it!!


Dan and I just recently went to Disneyland, since I won a free trip off the radio. It was amazing! Being able to walk around and breath was the first noticable thing! Being overweight affects everything you do. Walking at times was just a task, not anymore!! We walked around those parks like they were nothing. I could stand in lines, and my swelling in my legs never got too bad. This was shocking to me! Another thing was that I never once thought I might not fit in a ride. Last time we went to Disneyland in 2007, that was always a thought. I was always afraid I would not fit in something and that would be so embarassing! I never wanted to have to go through that. This time that thought NEVER came into my head! I was feeling great!!

September 2007


December 2010



I found pictures of from when Dan and I just met, and I just wanted to see the comparison from years ago! I just thought it would be something fun and different.


I weight and measure at Curves on the December 28th. I will then be posting the new weight and measurements with the comparison pictures from before surgery! Im excited to see the results from that!!!



















3 comments:

  1. Just wonderful! All of it is great! I am so impressed with what a great job you are doing and how positive your journey has been. I love you so much and am so proud of you! I am happy for you and am inspired by you! Kuddos to Dan too for being supportive during this unknown territory that could be aweful and terrifying to you both but instead you guys have made it an adventure! Both thumbs up! Kim, you look so good and even though you were in the "lovey dovey gooey" stages during the 1st pics at disneyland...you look so much fuller of life in the recent pics! I can clearly see the spark in your face! YAY! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Kimmerz!!! I am so proud of you! Feeling so much better has got to be a great motivational tool for you!! You look great!Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Kimberly! I am proud of you and I love you!

    ReplyDelete