Wednesday, August 3, 2011

One year ago...

Well yesterday was one year since my surgery. Wow, time flies!! I am so grateful to been given this opportunity to change my life and my health. I have learned a lot about myself and who I am this last year, and I have realized that I was so lost for so many years.

As for me...I have lost 148 pounds in my journey. I have come to terms that this is the average teenager if not more, and at times it is depressing to think I weighted that much. When I look back I see how unhealthy I really was. When you are overweight you do not realize how unhealthy you really were, until you can look back and see. I must say, I LOVE to shop now a days. I think Dan resents ever taking to me to the mall for clothes. I could spend a lot of money there now! The only negative thing I can say is that I am OVER the extra skin issues!! I can not wait to have children, because once we are done I am getting it all removed someday!! It is so frustrating to try on clothes and having to go a size bigger so the extra skin looks ok. Grrr...that is one thing I hate about shopping. However, I would rather deal with the extra skin issues then the weight and edema issues I had before.

I have learned that I have the most wonderful husband in the whole wide world :) (I have known this for a long time actually). Dan is my BFF and definitely my better half. He is my rock and always will be. He helps me when I want cookies, he reminds me that I have come so far. Sometimes a cookie is needed, but not as much as I want them. The hard thing with this journey is that my stomach is gone, but my mind is the exact same. Its frustrating, I wish candy and ice cream made me sick, then I would not crave them. I am still learning everyday, and although its been a year this is still a learning process for me. I am sure it will always be a learning process...

My family are the people I adore. I may not agree with everything they do, but they are the best and I wouldn't trade them for the world. My mom is everything to me, I couldn't live without her. Even though she gives me a hard time for eating chips or cookies at a family BBQ, I know she wants the best for me. My sisters are my best friends, and I love and adore them both. Through thick and thin, fights and disagreements, I still love them. My dad is very supportive and I love that my journey has helped him change some of his ways too, I just want everyone to be healthy. Kolby and Jayden are my little loves. I love that Kolby would always say "Your not fat, you just have extra blood" he always made me feel better even before surgery. Now he just says you are so skinnier :) I adore him! Jayden just loves my bathing suit tells me I should wear it everyday. She is such a little diva. Vickie, Conrad, and all the step-siblings (even you Karla) are all so supportive and loving. All my Aunt's, Uncle's and cousins are awesome too...Like I said, I have the best family in the world.

My friends are amazing. I am so blessed to have the people in my life I do. I wouldn't change anything! I have learned this year that people who you thought were your friends, may not have been. It's been a rough year, and I look forward to speeding time with my current friends, making new friends and seeing what the future holds.

What next in my life? Well obviously a lot of you know what one year means....

I am in the clear to get pregnant. Nothing yet of course, I need to see a lot of doctors first. I want to make sure I am cleared and the doctors have everything figured out ahead of time. With my kidney disease, I have to worry about my high blood pressure, and my medications, and what all this will mean with a baby. Hopefully soon though, Dan and I (Roxy too) are definitely ready to add a new member to our family.

I currently do not have a recent photo. Promise they will come soon, I have just been really busy with school and working a lot of OT. Time to start saving for new things hopefully soon.

Sorry it has been so long to all who like updates...I promise to be better. I know I say that a lot, but I will!!

No comments:

Post a Comment